Full time permanent role from 1st September 2019.
Salary: Main Pay scale
DO YOU SHARE OUR PASSION TO INSPIRE EVERY YOUNG PERSON TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL?
The trustees of our happy and rapidly improving school, with superb facilities located on the outskirts of Carlisle, seek to employ an outstanding practitioner who is creative, imaginative, highly motivated and vibrant to teach a KS2 class of delightful children.
Longtown Primary School is part of the Cumbria Education Trust, leading the way in education in North Cumbria. The role presents an exciting opportunity to join the school at a pivotal time and be part of our vision of providing an inspiring and innovative education for the pupils at Longtown.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic class teacher to join us from 1st September 2019.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an excellent communicator committed to being part of an effective team within the whole school community
• Set high expectations and have a commitment to challenging learners to achieve well
• Be a passionate, caring and inspirational teacher
• Be self-motivated and reliable
• Be enthusiastic about current research on thinking skills and building learning power
We can offer:
• A commitment to your personal and professional development and the opportunity to develop your role as a leader.
• Excellent facilities in an enviable location.
• The school is committed to safeguarding children and an enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Alison Mitchinson to make an appointment or an informal chat.
For an application pack please visit http://www.longtownprimary.cumbria.sch.uk or contact the school on 01228 791203.
Applications are welcome from both experienced colleagues and NQT’s.
Visits to school are highly recommended.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS and Barred List checks are required for this post.
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 8st March 2019; interviews will be held shortly after.
Please note: applicants should complete a Longtown Primary School application form, available on the school website http://www.longtownprimary.cumbria.sch Cumbria County Council application forms cannot be accepted.