Salary: NMW full time, full year
Required: September 2020 (subject to notice period)
DO YOU SHARE OUR PASSION TO INSPIRE EVERY YOUNG PERSON TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL?
Cumbria Education Trust is a highly successful and rapidly expanding not-for-profit charitable organisation, formed in 2015. We are the largest school-based MAT in Cumbria with nine schools currently in the family; six primary and three secondary schools. Our vision is to provide the best education possible within Cumbria.
The Trustees are seeking to appoint an Assistant Accountant Apprentice to assist our Finance Team. The position will be based at our Whitehaven or Workington Office, spending one morning/afternoon per week at college. Therefore, own transport to and from William Howard and College is essential.
The successful candidate will:
• Be looking to develop a career in finance
• Studying for or completed AAT qualifications Level 2 or above
• Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Be self-motivated, naturally organised, with good attention to detail
• Have the ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• Be committed to a career in accountancy and excellent service delivery
• A commitment to your personal and professional development
• Practical experience and professional AAT qualifications
• Payment of AAT study and membership fees
• A friendly and vibrant Trust community with a supportive team ethos
• Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• 6.4 weeks holiday per annum
• Free on-site parking
This post provides a perfect opportunity to equip you with the practical experience and professional AAT qualifications needed to set you on the road to success.
Please note: Cumbria Education Trust does not accept CVs. If you wish to apply please complete an application form which can be found, along with the job description and recruitment pack on the Trust’s website.
Completed application forms, together with a supporting letter of application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you provide your contact telephone numbers (daytime and evening) together with contact numbers and email addresses for your referees.
Closing date: 9am, Friday 10 July 2020
For an informal discussion, please contact the Trust office on 016977 45369.
The Cumbria Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List checks are required for this post.