Following on from Yewdale Primary School’s last Ofsted inspection in July 2018, in which they were rated Good, they received another inspection from Ofsted on 19th and 20th September, in what is called an ungraded inspection. This inspection is carried out around once every four years to ensure that, as a school, they are still providing excellent standards of education to our children.
We are delighted to inform you that Yewdale Primary School continue to be a Good school and we are happy to share Ofsted’s official report with you – you can read it here.
As the first primary school to join Cumbria Education Trust in 2015, we have continued to deliver on our School Improvement Plan, and it is great for that to be recognised officially by the Ofsted inspectors. Being part of a trust allows schools to pool resources, with a Central Team of support that enables our schools to focus on what matters most – the children.
The report is full of fantastic comments, and some key highlights are shown below:
- “Pupils respond well to the high expectations that the school has of their achievement.”
- “Pupils benefit from the work that the Trust and the school have undertaken to provide pupils with access to an extensive range of sporting events.”
- “(Pupils) are encouraged to take on leadership roles at the school that make a significant contribution to the development of their resilience and sense of responsibility.”
- “Pupils make a strong contribution to the calm atmosphere that exists in lessons.”
- “Pupils value the differences that exist between people. They respect opinions and beliefs that may be different to their own.”
- “Staff value the training opportunities provided by the trust because they help them to carry out their roles effectively.”
Lorrayne Hughes, Chief Executive of Cumbria Education Trust, commented: “Yewdale is a great school, it is pleasing to have this confirmed by Ofsted. I would like to thank all the staff and pupils for all their efforts in ensuring that Yewdale Primary School goes from strength to strength.”